With Android’s Ice Cream Sandwich expected to see a launch soon, we guess it’s better late than never that Verizon is finally releasing the Gingerbread update for the LG Revolution, although as to whether the LG Revolution will be seeing the Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 update remains to be seen. Even if it doesn’t, at the very least it will go out with Gingerbread onboard.
The update is said to be rolling out to users, so if you’re the owner of the LG Revolution, expect the notification to come over the next several days, but if you’re the impatient type, head on down to your phone’s Menu > Settings > About Phone > Software Update > Check New, and here’s what you will be able to expect from the update apart from the usual Gingerbread 2.3 refinements.
“Email & Messaging
- Email folders will now display in the correct order.
- The maximum attachment size is now set correctly, even when the Exchange service is configured with unlimited size attachments.
- Messages can now be stored on the SIM card. View these messages through the Settings menu, “Manage SIM card messages.”
- Correctly set Out of Office without having to set a start or end time.
- The popup message asking to delete accounts when changing the SIM card now displays correctly.
- The cursor has been reshaped for easier text editing.
- List menu force close issue has been resolved.
- Issues have been fixed involving proper connectivity through the HDMI cable.
- Data now works correctly when toggling in Airplane mode.”
- 2014-04-17: LG Lucid 3 From Verizon Announced
- 2014-04-16: Activate Download Booster In Verizon And AT&T Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-14: Verizon More Everything Plan Now Offer Greater Savings
- 2014-04-13: TWRP Recovery For HTC One M8 On Verizon Released
- 2011-10-31: Verizon's Samsung Galaxy Tab to receive Gingerbread update
- 2011-10-25: Motorola DROID Pro and DROID 2 Global receives Gingerbread
- 2011-10-17: HTC Thunderbolt Gingerbread update returning soon
- 2011-09-30: HTC Thunderbolt Gingerbread update suspended temporarily
- 2011-09-14: LG Optimus S gets Gingerbread today