Good news Australians, if you were hoping to get your hands on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 in Australia, there’s a slight chance that you will be able to do so. It seems that even though Apple may have won an injunction against Samsung in Australia, an Australia appeals judge is now questioning the fairness of Apple’s Samsung tablet ban in the country.
“The result looks terribly fair to Apple and not terribly fair to Samsung,” Federal Court Justice Lindsay Foster said today at a hearing in Sydney on Samsung’s appeal for the ban to be overturned.
According to Samsung’s lawyer, the earlier judge who ruled in favor of Apple did not take into account the “dire consequences” that the ban would have on Samsung, claiming that if Samsung is unable to meet the demand for its tablet during the Christmas holiday season, it would render the device “dead”.
Samsung’s lawyer also claimed that Apple had a weak case, and had the judge evaluated Apple’s chances of winning its patent-infringement claims, she would have turned down the request for an injunction. One of the judges of the appeals court panel has stated that they would try and rule early next week on Samsung’s request to lift the injunction.
- 2014-04-23 Sprint Galaxy S5 Software Update Released
- 2014-04-23 News Republic And Appy Geek Launched For Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit
- 2014-04-23 T-Mobile To Offer Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 In The Summer
- 2014-04-23 Localytics: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is 0.7% Of All Android-Powered Smartphones
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo
- 2011-12-13 Design of the Samsung Galaxy Tab according to Apple
- 2011-12-09 Apple appeals denied injunction against Samsung in the US
- 2011-11-08 Australian retailer takes a stand against Apple's injunction of the Galaxy Tab 10.1
- 2011-10-04 Apple rejects Samsung's deal in Australia
- 2011-09-30 Samsung offers Apple a deal to let them sell the Galaxy Tab 10.1 in Australia