Looks like the stock 2GHz speed barrier is set to be broken if the rumored HTC Zeta is true to its listed specifications – we’re talking not one, two or three cores – but rather, a 2.5GHz quad core processor known as the APQ8064 Qualcomm S4 CPU. I guess that makes it far more powerful than many netbooks out there, if not all, and perhaps even better than an entry level desktop? Of course, GHz alone does not win the battle, as there are plenty of other considerations to take into account such as the kind of processor architecture, et al.
Accompanying such dizzying speeds would be 1GB RAM, a 4.5″ display at 720p resolution, up to 32 GB of internal memory, a 8-megapixel camera at the back, a 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera for your video call needs, a rather beefy 1,830mAh battery (makes sense considering the amount of juice the processor and display is going to consume), all crammed into a unibody chassis that has the dimensions of 109.8mm x 60.9mm x 9.8mm.
It will run on the Android 4.0 operating system, with presumably HTC Sense 4.0. The image above shows that the HTC Zeta will come with the standard capacitive buttons located right below the display, which is rather weird since Android 4.0 already features on-screen buttons that do the same thing. Perhaps this is just a rumor, so nothing’s finalized yet.
Next Story: Klipsch Lou Reed limited edition headphones
- 2014-04-22 HTC Droid DNA To Receive Android 4.4.2 KitKat And Sense 5.5 Update
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-21 Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-04-21 HTC Could Deliver Nexus 8 (Rumor)
- 2011-11-21 HTC to focus on quad-core devices in 2012