If you ever wanted to unlock your iPhone 4S while you are rocking to AT&T, then you would be pleased to hear that there is a method of doing so without having to go through the hassle of jailbreaking your device. Yes sir, someone decided to take advantage of an alleged bug in iOS 5, where it supposedly allows you to unlock your best iPhone yet, although you will need to have the tools of the trade to do so beforehand. First off, you are required to be in possession of a T-Mobile Micro SIM as well as your AT&T SIM from your iPhone 4S.
The full instructions can be found here, and so far it has been confirmed by at least one user, although I am quite sure that many others more will follow suit. Bear in mind that this particular method works only for GSM models, and CDMA models might need a different kind of cajoling to get the job done. Of course, it might end up messing your handset as with any kind of unauthorized hacks or cracks, but at least you’ve freed your iPhone 4S.
Next Story: SwiftKey X and SwiftKey Tablet X Version 2.2
- 2014-04-17 Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2013-09-13 The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2013-09-10 Apple iPhone 5 Discontinued, iPhone 4S Now Free On Contract
- 2013-09-08 Croatian Woman's iPhone 4S Reportedly Explodes On Bedside Table
- 2013-06-23 Walmart Slashes iPhone 5 And iPhone 4S Prices Permanently
- 2011-11-28 iPhone 4S unlock in the works?
- 2011-11-11 Sprint begins to lock iPhone 4S SIMs from today onwards
- 2011-10-13 Sprint to unlock iPhone 4S for a limited time only
- 2011-06-28 Unlock and jailbreak solution for myriad iPhone generations
- 2011-01-18 T-Mobile Netherlands offers free iPhone unlocks