Looking to boost the sales of their portable handheld gaming console, the Nintendo 3DS, the company has announced their plans to make the gaming console more attractive to family audiences. This will be accomplished by introducing games that will appeal to older gamers as well as more casual players who may not want to spend hours on end playing a single game.
Sales of the Nintendo 3DS have been less than stellar and the company was forced to slash the price of the console in order to make it a more attractive purchase. No word on what these games could be, but Nintendo has stated that they will be revealing more information prior to E3 as well as during E3 of 2012.
Nintendo has achieved success with this strategy with their Wii console, appealing to families with fun games that don’t necessarily consume a lot of time or require much commitment, so it will be interesting to see if they will be able to emulate this on the 3DS and how this strategy will hold up against Sony’s PlayStation Vita.RELATED
- Peggle 2 Xbox One Launch Trailer Is Filled With Masters, Multiplayer, Trials
- Borderlands 2 On PS3 Available Free For PS Plus Subscribers Today
- Halo: Spartan Assault Headed To Xbox One Dec. 24 For $14.99
- NPD: Xbox One Won First Round Of Sales Against PS4 In Australia
- IGN: Xbox One Hard Drive Maxes Out At 362GBs
- Follow: 3ds, nintendo,
- Seen at: techradar