Since Panasonic is well known for its ToughBook lineup of ultra rugged laptops that can survive the craziest weather conditions and environments, it comes as no surprise that the company has designed two Android-powered rugged tablets (7” and 10”) to complete the ToughBook offering.
The 10” Toughpad A1, powered by Marvell 1.2 GHz Dual-Core Processor and Android 3.2, boasts a high brightness, 10.1 XGA capacitive, multi-touch, daylight-viewable screen (500 nits anti-reflective / anti-glare- so military can see critical data in direct light), 1GB LP-DDR2 RAM, 5MP rear camera, 2 MP front camera, WiFi a/b/g/n, 4G (LTE or Wimax) optional, GPS optional, and Micro-USB, microSDHC, micro HDMI ports.
On the rugged side, it is certified for a 4 ft drop, a temperature rating of 14F to 122F (operational) and it has ingress protection ratings for resistance to dust and water.
The battery life is regular for a tablet: 10 hours according to the manufacturer, and it comes with a stylus for and active digitizer, for flexible data entry, signature capture and handwriting recognition.
As ones would expect, the ToughPad A1 integrates enhanced security features embedded at the hardware level, and offers hardware and software encryption, enhanced VPN, dual factor authentication, trusted boot and device management to allow IT managers to easily deploy and manage Android-powered tablets in the field.
All that packaged in just 2.13 lbs for $1299 (starting price) – the ToughPad A1 will be available later in 2012.
Next Story: HTC Rezound unboxed
- 2014-01-07 Samsung Galaxy Note Pro and Galaxy Tab Pro Series – hands-on review
- 2013-12-10 HP EliteBook Revolve G2
- 2013-12-10 Quark A Kickstarter Project That Help Kids Learn Via Fun
- 2013-12-06 No Glasses 3D Tablet Makes 3D Viewing More Convenient
- 2013-09-06 LG G Pad: Hands On Review
- 2011-09-15 Panasonic Toughbook Android Tablet Revealed
- 2011-08-10 Panasonic ToughBook S10 Announced
- 2011-07-12 Panasonic ToughBook H2 Rugged Tablet Computer
- 2011-06-16 Panasonic Toughbook is one rugged Android tablet
- 2010-03-03 Panasonic ToughBook C1 Convertible Tablet PC Video