Yes, we know that the day will come when phones will revert to just the “Sony” brand name after receiving word that Sony has purchased Ericsson’s share in their partnership. Well, in the meantime, you can still enjoy offerings from Sony Ericsson, and in order to further leverage Sony’s gaming pedigree, the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc and Xperia Acro smartphones have just received the PlayStation Certification. This basically means Sony Ericsson fans in Japan will be able to allow users to gain access to hundreds of games which were available on the Sony Ericsson Play previously as part of an exclusive deal. The Xperia Arc will be the first model to receive this update, while the Xperia Acro will receive its update from November 15th onwards. I wonder whether the update for the Xperia Arc can be applied to the Xpera Arc S?
Despite receiving the updates, the actual content in the PlayStation Store will only be available before December, so there is a wee bit of waiting time in between. This update will also throw in a bunch of other items such as PO Box4.3, news widgets, Facebook Inside Xperia 2.0, Native screenshot functionality, Xloud and Wireless tethering.
- 2013-03-01 Sony Ericsson Windows Phone Jolie Prototype Arrives On eBay
- 2012-07-13 Sony to maintain Sony Ericsson logo for a while more?
- 2012-06-04 Sony Ericsson "Julie" Windows Phone prototype spotted in video
- 2012-03-09 Sony Ericsson Windows Phone prototype up for grabs on eBay
- 2012-02-23 Ice Cream Sandwich beta ROM available for Sony Xperia phones
- 2011-12-06 Sony Ericsson Xperia arc and Xperia neo to receive Ice Cream Sandwich very soon?
- 2011-11-07 Sony Ericsson Xperia arc HD spotted in photographs?
- 2011-11-03 Sony Ericsson Xperia arc HD in the works?
- 2011-09-23 Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc users complain of cracks issue
- 2011-08-11 Sony Ericsson's Xperia Arc's display used to grow flowers?