Prior to the Motorola Droid RAZR being released, many had assumed that the 1-click root method would work for the Droid RAZR as well, but as it turns out that does not appear to be the case. For those unaware, the Motorola Droid RAZR will not be able to be rooted by using the 1-click root method, but fortunately it looks like the Android community has proven their dedication and hard work yet again with the release of a root method for the retail Droid RAZR.
We suggest that for those unfamiliar with the process of rooting should probably acquaint themselves with the concept first before attempting it. Even for those who have had prior experience rooting their phones, rooting the retail version of the Droid RAZR should be done extra caution. This is because a method to unbrick the device should anything go wrong has yet to be discovered yet.
Now that we’ve gotten the disclaimers out of the way, for those still interested in rooting their brand spanking new Motorola Droid RAZR, head on down to the Droid Forums for the instructions and download of the relevant files.
- 2014-04-22 Motorola And Lenovo's First Smartphone Reportedly Coming This Fall
- 2014-04-20 Moto G LTE And Ferrari Rumored To Be In The Works
- 2014-04-20 Moto E Specifications Leaked
- 2014-04-18 Motorola To Introduce XT1021, XT1022 And XT1025 In May (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17 Motorola Moto G For $149 Unlocked Via Republic Wireless
- 2012-04-05 Android 4.0 update for Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX is a no-show
- 2012-04-02 Droid RAZR, RAZR MAXX rumored to receive Android 4.0 update 4th April, HTC Rezound 6th April
- 2012-03-28 Verizon DROID RAZR gets a DIY RAZR MAXX conversion kit
- 2012-03-20 Motorola RAZR gets Android 2.3.6 update in Europe
- 2012-02-20 Verizon's Droid RAZR leaked screenshots show Android 4.0.3 build, update imminent?