If you’re in the market for a rugged phone, and you’re not too fussed about whether it’s running on iOS or Android, Verizon and Casio may have the answer for you in the form of the Casio G’zOne Ravine 2, which is a military specced rugged flip phone where the main focus is on its ruggedness, rather than its smartphone capabilities (if there are any at all).
The Ravine 2 is apparently military grade and has met the 810G standards for protection against water, shock, dust, vibration, salt fog, humidity, solar radiation, altitude, low and high temperatures. It is also a world phone and will allow users to roam on most, if not all, international GSM networks.
In terms of features, the Ravine 2 will feature push-to-talk capabilities, a 3.2MP camera that can take both still and video footages, a microSD card slot and will be loaded up with Casio’s GzGear software. The software includes a compass, pedometer, tides and data on the phases of the moon, sunrise/sunset and the night sky. The Casio G’zOne Ravine 2 will be available come 17th of November (online) for $149.99 with a two year contract.
- 2014-04-22 PayPal Fingerprint Authorization For Verizon's Galaxy S5 Workaround Discovered
- 2014-04-21 HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-20 Verizon Galaxy S4 KitKat Release Expected May 2nd
- 2014-04-20 Verizon LG G2 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-04-18 Verizon HTC One M8 Software Update Arriving Soon
- 2013-06-25 Verizon Casio G'zOne Commando 4G LTE
- 2012-01-18 Casio superphone in the works?
- 2011-12-20 Verizon targets new software update for Casio G’zOne Commando smartphone
- 2011-04-28 Casio G’zOne Commando from Verizon Wireless
- 2011-04-21 Verizon Casio G'zOne Commando image leaked