If you’re a fan of intelligent toys, you might be in for a treat with the DragonBot. Created by researchers from MIT, Harvard and Northeastern, this robot toy features an Android phone for a “brain”, and animated eyes thanks to the phone’s display. The DragonBot is touted to be extremely smart and is capable of learning from other DragonBots thanks to its cloud-connected brain. It is said to be very good with language and can even learn from visual cues and it knows everything that other DragonBots know. So when this robot soft toy hits the markets, you can be pretty sure it’s going to learn a lot of new things within a matter of days.
If you’re tired of the DragonBot having a life of its own, you can remove the phone from its brain and play with a virtual version of it on your phone or you can control the DragonBot with an Android tablet. It is designed to help kids learn and to help us learn about the potential of human and robot interactions. No word on when it’s going to hit the market, but you can be pretty sure it’ll be pricey when it does.
- Andy Rubin To Head Up Google's New Robots Division
- Prototype Robotic “Heart” Runs Off Urine
- K5 Autonomous Data Machine Is A 300-Pound Crime Fighting Robot
- MOSS Robot Kit Helps You Get Started Even Without Having A Clue
- Macy Gets Robot To Launch Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Follow: Android, cloud, robot,
- Seen at: gizmodo