A while back we reported on Griffin’s GuitarConnect Pro that basically allowed guitarists/bassists to connect their instruments directly into the iPad. Well when you’re done laying down the guitar tracks for your song and it’s time to add vocals, instead of relying on the iPad’s microphone, how about taking a look at Marshall Electronics’ MXL Tempo USB microphone instead?
As the name implies, the MXL Tempo is USB based and will be compatible with both PCs and Macs, although here’s the kicker – if you happen to have Apple’s Camera Connector Kit, you will be able to plug the MXL Tempo microphone directly into the iPad. As the microphone was designed specifically for vocals, i.e. podcasting and chatting, don’t expect to be able to mic up your drumset or amplifier with these.
The MXL Tempo features a frequency range of 40Hz to 18kHz with a sensitivity of -47dB (re 1 v/Pa). It will come with a mini-mic stand, a hard mount adapter, an A-to-B USB cable and will feature a no-latency headphone jack for monitoring purposes. If you’re interested in picking up the MXL Tempo USB microphone, they are available from the company’s website for $79.95 each.
Next Story: Hipstamatic unveils D-series photo sharing app
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2014-04-08: Office For iPad Team Confirms Print Feature Is Coming "In Due Course"
- 2014-04-08: Adobe Lightroom Mobile For iPad
- 2012-02-21: USB Typewriter Computer Keyboard is compatible with the iPad
- 2011-09-23: JBL On Tour iBT UFO shaped Bluetooth speakers
- 2011-08-17: Energizer iSurge Travel Charging Station
- 2011-06-22: Hitachi G-Connect: A Wireless Storage + Router for Mobiles
- 2011-03-11: Mike: Apogee's studio quality microphone for the iPad, iPhone and Mac