A while back we reported on Griffin’s GuitarConnect Pro that basically allowed guitarists/bassists to connect their instruments directly into the iPad. Well when you’re done laying down the guitar tracks for your song and it’s time to add vocals, instead of relying on the iPad’s microphone, how about taking a look at Marshall Electronics’ MXL Tempo USB microphone instead?
As the name implies, the MXL Tempo is USB based and will be compatible with both PCs and Macs, although here’s the kicker – if you happen to have Apple’s Camera Connector Kit, you will be able to plug the MXL Tempo microphone directly into the iPad. As the microphone was designed specifically for vocals, i.e. podcasting and chatting, don’t expect to be able to mic up your drumset or amplifier with these.
The MXL Tempo features a frequency range of 40Hz to 18kHz with a sensitivity of -47dB (re 1 v/Pa). It will come with a mini-mic stand, a hard mount adapter, an A-to-B USB cable and will feature a no-latency headphone jack for monitoring purposes. If you’re interested in picking up the MXL Tempo USB microphone, they are available from the company’s website for $79.95 each.RELATED
- Radio Buttons Found On Jailbroken iPad Corroborates iTunes Streaming Service Rumor
- ORA: Ultimate Speaker Case and Stand for iPad
- This music box prototype lets you crank out tunes on your iPad by hand
- Spotify for iOS updated with radio streaming feature for both free and premium users
- The AmpliTube Slash is endorsed by Slash with his own pedals and amplifier effects
- Follow: iPad, microphone, USB,
- Seen at: prosoundweb