Previously we reported that Sony’s latest gaming console, the PlayStation Vita failed to sell out during its launch weekend last week. If you’re wondering how many were sold, we’ve got some figures for you. According to Sony, they’ve managed to sell 321,400 devices during the weekend that the console was launched – not even half of the manufactured 700,000 units that were expected to fly off the shelves.
However, not all is lost as it is only taking into account two days of sales in Japan alone. Hopefully all the problems discovered at launch will be fixed in time for the worldwide rollout of the PlayStation Vita next year – then we’ll get a more accurate representation of how well the console is doing. By then, a lot more games should be out to entice more consumers into picking up the Vita as well.
- 2013-12-10: Retailer Sends Free PlayStation Vita Units, Then Threatens Legal Action
- 2013-10-22: PSN Holds Halloween Sale Dropping Prices On The Last Of Us, The Walking Dead And More
- 2013-10-07: PS4 Dedicated App 'PS4 Link' Releasing On PlayStation Vita In November
- 2013-10-01: PS4, PS Vita Bundle Being Reconsidered By Sony
- 2013-09-09: Sony Publishes Promotional Video Highlighting New PS Vita, PlayStation Vita TV
- 2012-01-04: PlayStation Vita prices expected to drop?