So you’re going about your day and your gadgets are running a little low on juice, what are you going to do about it? Well you could run home to charge it or you could instead charge it while going about your daily activities thanks to the Piggyback Solar Powered Gadgetbag, which as the name and the photo above suggests is a backpack that you can carry with you (with your gadgets in them) and charge your electronics via solar power.
The solar panels equipped on the bag will have an output of 1000mA along that you can hook up via USB to your gadgets. It will also come with an additional 800mAh Lithium ion battery pack to soak up excess power on those cloudy days for those emergency charging situations. As far as the bag is concerned, it is your standard backpack with two zipper pouches that are large enough to fit an iPad and a Kindle. If you’re interested in picking one up for yourself, it’s available at ThinkGeek for $119.99 although it appears to be out of stock at the moment.
- 2014-04-14: Kyocera Installs Solar Cycle Station For Electric Vehicles In Japan
- 2014-04-09: Solar Impulse 2 Wants To Circle The World On Solar Power Alone
- 2014-04-08: Nokia Solar Energy Suit Could Offer Alternative Phone Charging Option
- 2014-04-02: Ecoppia E4 Robots Clean Solar Panels Without Using Water
- 2014-03-17: Solar Power Harvested From Space Beamed Down To Earth