It’s been awhile since we’ve reported about a new way to use the Kinect, and now we’ve got a reason to. A Skyrim player managed to get the game working with the Kinect on the PC. Utilizing the controller’s voice recognition and motion capabilities, he’s managed to come up with a brand new way of playing the highly acclaimed RPG. Judging by the video demonstration of this setup, it definitely isn’t going to replace the traditional keyboard and mouse controls anytime soon but it sure looks like tons of fun to use.
No shouts of FUS RO DAH! were demonstrated in the video, but we do get to see a lot of fighting and even the slaying of a dragon. Check it out for yourself, and head here if you’d like instructions on how to do it yourself (click the “Show more” link in the description).
Next Story: Verizon drops Google Wallet
- 2014-04-02: New Kinect For Windows Is Official, Arrives This Summer
- 2014-03-27: Microsoft Kinect For Windows Hardware Version 2 Unveiled
- 2014-02-03: Kinect Guards The Korean Border
- 2014-01-09: Skyrim For Xbox One And PS4 Turns Out To Be A Mistake
- 2013-12-31: 3D Printing Service Uses Your Kinect To Make Mini Figurines Of Yourself
- 2013-12-27: NASA Engineers Use Oculus Rift And Kinect 2 To Control Robots
- 2013-12-11: Skyrim Mod Turns Dragons Into Thomas The Tank Engine Trains
- 2013-08-02: The Elder Scrolls Anthology Announced For $79.99
- 2013-07-18: Skyrim Modder Attempts To Land A Job At Bethesda With His Own Mod
- 2012-04-12: Kinect integration update for Skyrim coming soon