Good news for Xperia phone owners – if you’ve been looking for extra storage on your phone but don’t feel like investing in a bigger memory card, Sony Ericsson and Box have teamed up to give you an early Christmas present. The Sony Ericsson-Box offer that was leaked last month is now live today. This means that all Xperia owners will be given 50GB of cloud storage on Box’s cloud storage service. Sure, it’ll take up your bandwidth but if you’ve got some to spare or you’re primarily on WiFi – you won’t have to spend a single cent on a new memory card.
All you have to do is download the Box app onto your Xperia phone and sign in before next year ends (December 31st 2012) and you’re good to go. Box normally gives you 5GB for free and will set you back $19.99/month for 50GB so this is a pretty good deal. Even if you don’t need the extra storage, you might want to claim it anyway – just in case you change your mind in the future. Download Box from the Android Market today.
Next Story: Galaxy Nexus unboxed on video
- 2013-05-24: Verizon Cloud Offers 500MB Of Free Storage To iOS, Some Android Devices
- 2013-03-01: Sony Ericsson Windows Phone Jolie Prototype Arrives On eBay
- 2012-07-13: Sony to maintain Sony Ericsson logo for a while more?
- 2012-06-04: Sony Ericsson "Julie" Windows Phone prototype spotted in video
- 2012-03-09: Sony Ericsson Windows Phone prototype up for grabs on eBay
- 2012-02-23: Ice Cream Sandwich beta ROM available for Sony Xperia phones
- 2011-12-14: Sony Ericsson to unveil new Xperia phones at CES 2012
- 2011-12-05: Sony Ericsson Nozomi and two new Xperia handsets leaked in renders?
- 2011-03-11: Tegra 2 phones confirmed to support the Sony PlayStation Suite