A new tablet has popped up in the benchmark listings on AnTuTu’s website (AnTuTu is a benchmarking app for mobile devices) and this time it belongs to Toshiba. The tablet is listed under the name “Tostab06″ which is similar to the other names that Toshiba has been using for its previous tablets. While it wasn’t explicitly stated that the tablet was running on a Tegra 3 processor, it does list a clock frequency of 1400MHz and its results are comparable to those of the ASUS Transformer Prime – a Tegra 3-powered tablet, which has led to the speculation that the “Tostab06″ uses the same quad-core processor as well.
Other than the benchmark results, there are no additional details about the tablet, so there’s not much to say for now, but it sure looks like the Tegra 3 is following in the footsteps of its popular predecessor – the Tegra 2. Expect many more tablets in 2012 to be running on NVIDIA’s Tegra 3 SoC.
Next Story: Acer Iconia Tab A700 detailed
- 2014-03-27: Toshiba Canvio Desk Desktop External Hard Drive Revealed
- 2014-03-19: Toshiba Canvio Wireless Adapter
- 2014-03-19: Toshiba 4K Satellite P50t Laptops Set To Arrive
- 2014-02-25: Toshiba Launches TransMemory Pro USB 3.0 Flash Drive
- 2014-02-12: Detachable vs. Clamshell Ultrabooks: What Side Are You On? [Promoted]
- 2013-07-18: Toshiba Excite Pure, Excite Pro, Excite Write Android Tablets Now Available
- 2013-06-03: Toshiba Unveils Its Excite Pure, Pro, Write 10-Inch Android Tablets
- 2013-05-23: Hisense Sero 7 Pro And Sero LT Tablets Aggressively Priced
- 2013-04-15: Ouya Underperforms Current Generation Of Android Phones In Benchmark Tests
- 2013-02-14: Toshiba REGZA AT501 Tablet Features 10.1-Inch Display, Android 4.1