It took a long time for the Galaxy S phones in the US to receive Android 2.2 Froyo, so it’s no surprise that Gingerbread would take just as long as well. For those of you who own the Samsung Fascinate on Verizon, it looks like the day has come for you to finally get Gingerbread on your phones – provided you haven’t already done the job yourself by loading a custom ROM. We all know that Ice Cream Sandwich is already out, but since it’s not going to arrive on this phone anytime soon (unless Verizon/Samsung prove us wrong) and you don’t plan to get your hands dirty – you might as well just enjoy the official Gingerbread update first.
According to reports online, it looks like the update also fixes the phone’s GPS and signal strength issues. So if you own a Samsung Fascinate, keep an eye out for the update notification for your phone or try pulling it manually. As usual, back up your phone just in case, and do let us know how the Gingerbread update goes for you.
Next Story: HTC Raider 4G arrives at the FCC, again
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-14: Verizon More Everything Plan Now Offer Greater Savings
- 2014-04-13: TWRP Recovery For HTC One M8 On Verizon Released
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-10: Verizon Strikes Back With Free Tablet Data Offer
- 2012-01-10: Samsung Captivate (finally) gets Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- 2011-11-30: Samsung DROID Charge receives Gingerbread
- 2011-11-10: Samsung Illusion pops up in Verizon's Infocenter
- 2011-11-01: HTC Rezound pre-production model unboxing
- 2011-10-31: Verizon's Samsung Galaxy Tab to receive Gingerbread update