There are a number Bluetooth heart rate monitors available on the market, but Wahoo Fitness claims to have created the world’s first Bluetooth Smart heart rate monitor. Called the Blue HR, it turns your smartphone into a device that is capable of giving you stats and details about your heart rate. Using Bluetooth technology, it transmits live readings to your paired up smartphone that’s in your pocket/bag, while the monitor is strapped around your body.
Using the app on your phone (at the moment an iPhone exclusive), users can check out their heart rate information in real-time, monitor their calories being burned, and more. The Blue HR is also touted to be compatible with other apps like Runkeeper and MapMyRun, so if you’re already using those apps, you’ve got another incentive to pick it up.
The Wahoo Fitness Blue HR is compatible with all Bluetooth Smart Ready devices, and will go on sale in January 2012 with a price tag of $79.99. Check out a video demonstration:
Next Story: Motorola DROID RAZR update rolling out today
- 2014-04-17: Future Sonos Software Update Could See Full Wireless Speaker System Capability
- 2014-02-28: MOGA Teases Upcoming Bluetooth Gamepad
- 2014-02-20: Sceptre SoundPal Bluetooth Speaker
- 2014-01-21: Bluetooth Smart Jewelry Pendant
- 2014-01-02: Cobra AirWave Mini
- 2011-06-09: Bluetooth low energy heart rate monitor belt