A few days ago Western Digital announced a major update for its TV Live and TV Live Hub media players that added a whole selection of content channels. In addition to the new video services, Western Digital announced an update to its WD TV Remote app as well. The iOS app was released first, and now – the Android version has been released as well. No longer will you need an iOS device to control the media player, you can do the same job using the Android app.
The WD TV Remote app will let you control your WD TV from anywhere in your house using your wireless network, get one-touch access to launch any online service available on your WD TV, enter text using your Android smartphone or tablet keyboard, use the gesture pad for quick and easy navigation, connect multiple Android mobile devices with the WD Remote app and conveniently play multiplayer games.
The app is available for free and requires Android devices running Android 2.1 and above, the WD TV Live Hub or WD TV Live, and wireless access to your WD TV media player on your network. Head over to the Android Market to download it.
Next Story: Xperia PLAY gets Ice Cream Sandwich
- 2014-04-18: Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Madison For Android Declares War On In-App Advertisements
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-10: Google's New Calendar App Gets A Visual Overhaul