[CES 2012] Fujifilm is launching two additional cameras in the category labeled “high performance DSLR-styled long-zoom cameras” , the Fujifilm FinePix HS30EXR and the Fujifilm FinePix HS25EXR.
Both cameras feature a new 1\2-inch 16 MegaPixel EXR-CMOS, a fast FUJINON 30x manual optical zoom (24mm-720mm – F2.8/F5.6 aperture range) and a tilting 3-inch high contrast 460K resolution LCD with Sunlight Mode.
The zoom also features Dual Image Stabilization that combines a mechanically stabilized CMOS sensor with high ISO sensitivities, a Super Macro Mode that allows shooting at very close range (1cm) and Super Intelligent Digital Zoom that doubles zoom capability to 60X.
Both models capture 1080p HD movies at 30 fps, and boast super-fast auto focus of 0.16 seconds, high speed continuous shooting up to 8 fps in full resolution or 11fps in reduced resolution (M setting). The High Speed Movie options capture videos at 320fps for slow motion playback.
The EXR processor and software have been updated to offer enhanced GUI with improved speed and image quality. In EXR Auto Mode, the engine is able to automatically recognize 27 scenes and optimize the settings accordingly. In addition to the auto mode, users can choose from three manually selected options: High Resolution Priority, High ISO & Low Noise Priority (for low light conditions), Dynamic Range Priority (takes two pictures and combines them to provide a wide dynamic range of up to 1600%).
The Fujifilm FinePix HS30EXR will be available in March 2012 for $499.95 and will offer the following additional features: shoots both in RAW and JPEG simultaneously, has a larger .26” electronic viewfinder with a 22° viewing angle and 920K resolution that features a sensor that automatically changes from LCD to EVF.
The Fujifilm FinePix HS25EXR will be available in March 2012 for $399.95
- 1\2-inch 16 MP EXR-CMOS sensor
- FUJINON 30x manual optical zoom (24mm-720mm – F2.8/F5.6 aperture range)with Intelligent Digital Zoom boosting focal range up to 60x and Optical Image Stabilization
- 11fps continuous shooting in reduced resolution – 8 fps at full resolution
- Large tilting 3-inch 460K pixel resolution LCD screen with Sunlight mode
- Full 1080p HD movie at 30 fps, super-fast auto focus of 0.16 seconds, high speed movie capture at 320 fps
- Super Intelligent Flash
- Face recognition: Users can register up to eight (8) faces, along with names, birthdays and categories, and the HS30EXR and HS25EXR will prioritize focus and exposure right on the faces of those special people.
- Face Recognition
- HDMI out
- Super Macro focusing as close as 1cm
- Lithium Ion rechargeable battery providing up to 600 shots per charge
- 360° Motion Panorama mode
Next Story: Nokia Lumia 710 Review
- 2014-03-17: New Fujifilm X Mirrorless Camera Could Be Announced Soon
- 2014-03-03: Fujifilm UK Launches Camera Customization Service
- 2014-01-28: Fujifilm X-T1 Is Official
- 2014-01-26: Additional Fujifilm X-T1 Specs Revealed
- 2014-01-20: Fujifilm X-T1 Photos Leaked Online
- 2012-01-23: Top 10 CES Gadgets
- 2012-01-04: Fujifilm FinePix XP-Series Rugged Compact Cameras
- 2012-01-04: Fujifilm X-S1 26X Long-Zoom Digital Camera
- 2012-01-04: Fujifilm FinePix SL300 Super-Zoom Camera - Fujifilm S-Series
- 2012-01-04: Fujifilm FinePix F-Series - Long-Zoom Compact Cameras