[CES 2012] I am not quite sure why you would bring your tablet to the shower with you, or even when you are snorkeling, but just in case that happens to be the case, then the Fujitsu Arrows waterproof tablet is your cup of tea. This Android-powered tablet will sport a waterproof body, making sure splashes are to be shrugged off so you need not run helter skelter from the open air pool area whenever it starts to rain, as you continue to browse through the day’s news in your swimsuit. Fujitsu’s attempt comes with edges that are sealed with waterproof elements, rocking your eyes with a 10.1″ WXGA display at 1280 x 800 resolution. Underneath the hood, lies a 1GHz dual-core processor with an OMAP4430 chipset, accompanied by 1GB RAM.
A microSD memory card slot ensures you have another 32GB of storage space to play around with, just in case you make short work of the 16GB of internal memory. Even better news is this – forget about 3G connectivity, as the Fujitsu Arrows waterproof tablet will positively fly thanks to its 4G LTE chipset, only if you are with the right carrier, of course. Other connectivity options include Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, while a 5.1-megapixel camera resides at the back with a 1.3-megapixel shooter in front. No word on pricing as at press time, nor do we have a realease date, but this Arrows has already arrived in Japan. The Smart Window has installed widgets and will let you watch regular TV and movies on it, so it’s not just for show. Can you imagine putting one of these in every room of your house?
- 2014-03-09: Fujitsu Wants To Use Palm Vein Sensors In Place Of Fingerprints
- 2014-02-25: Fujitsu Prototype Tablet Has Haptic Screen Technology
- 2014-02-20: Fujitsu Glove-Style Wearable Device
- 2013-12-20: Fujitsu To Expand Raku Raku's Availability n Europe
- 2013-12-19: Fujitsu Stylistic Q704 Tablet To Arrive In The US For $1,499
- 2013-01-08: Vizio 2013 Sound Bar
- 2013-01-06: Belkin Thunderstorm iPad Speaker Case
- 2013-01-06: Seagate Wireless Plus: HDD That Matches Your Tablet's Battery Life
- 2012-01-12: Fujitsu shows off prototype Tegra 3 quad-core phone
- 2012-01-08: Fujitsu ARROWS ES IS12F waterproof phone