Sony Ericsson is no more, but that does not mean ghosts from the past cannot visit the present. It seems that previously unreleased photos of a prototype from Sony Ericsson was revealed, where this smartphone ran on the Windows Phone 7 operating system. Now, we all know that Sony Ericsson currently plays nice with Android and has not released nor announced a Windows Phone 7 device to date, but it seems as though they did have that intention to do so just last year. Just what led to the prototype’s demise? Seems to be a classic case of a meteor wiping out dinosaurs that roamed the earth a long time ago, don’t you think so?
There is a slide-out QWERTY keyboard that some might remember seeing in the Sony Ericsson Text Pro, where it sports instantly recognizable Sony Ericsson styling, while the camera is accompanied by an LED flash and is said to be able to record High Definition video. No idea on whether the prototype ran on Windows Phone Mango, or was it the older version, but it purportedly worked without encountering any bugs.
Next Story: Toyota Sports Hybrid Concept II
- 2014-04-15: Halo: Spartan Assault Kicks Off Universal Windows Games
- 2014-04-15: WP 8.1 GDR2 Update Could Support 2K Displays And Snapdragon 805 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-14: Windows Phone 8.1 Preview Version Revealed
- 2014-04-14: Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview Could Be Released Today [Rumor]
- 2014-04-13: Microsoft Looks Into 3D Face Scanner Using Windows Phone Handset
- 2012-06-04: Sony Ericsson "Julie" Windows Phone prototype spotted in video
- 2012-03-09: Sony Ericsson Windows Phone prototype up for grabs on eBay
- 2012-01-16: Prototype Sony Ericsson Windows Phone spotted
- 2011-03-07: Sony Ericsson Windows Phone 7 device is a cancelled prototype