[CES 2012] At CES this week, Samsung put on display the second generation of its Series 9 Windows 7 laptops, and boy do they look sexy. Samsung has somehow managed to make the laptops even slimmer than the original Series 9 and is now touting it to be the thinnest laptop in the world. The Samsung Series 9 (13.3″ model) is only 0.5″ (12.9mm) thin, and weighs 2.5 pounds. It has a matte finish on its 100% aluminum body, which will be mineral ash black for the US and silver for the rest of the world.
The Series 9 will feature Intel’s i5 or i7 Core processors, a 13.3″ or 15″ (which is slightly thicker at 0.6″ and heavier at 3.28 pounds) 1600 x 900 display, 128/256GB SSD, one USB 3.0 and one USB 2.0 port, a mini LAN port (ships with a LAN dongle adapter), mini VGA port, HDMI port, and a 3.5mm audio jack. The Series 9 has a boot time of 9.8 seconds and a fast wake up time. Battery life is rated 7 hours for the 13.3″ and 10 hours for the 15″ model.
The second generation Samsung Series 9 will be available starting February 27, 2012. It will retail for $1,399.99 for the 13.3″ and $1,499.99 for the 15″.
- Telepathwords Can Tell How Flimsy Your Passcodes Are
- Windows 8.1 Preview License To Expire In January 2014
- Intel NUC Mini Desktop Computer
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- Microsoft Launches Another Scroogled Campaign Against The Chromebook
- Follow: CES, ces 2012, Samsung, series 9,