Sony launched the stylish new Cyber-shot DSC-TX200V featuring a beautiful reinforced glass design, a look that will go well with your iPhone. With fierce competition coming from the high-end smartphones that now deliver high megapixel cameras with good lenses and sensors (Xperia Ion with 12 MP Exmor R sensor and Nokia Lumia 900 with Carl Zeiss lens), it is hard for point-and-shoot to remain attractive to highly demanding consumers.
Beside the innovative and stylish design, the DSC-TX200V packs serious performance in its slim body, thanks to a enhanced 18.2 MP “Exmor R” CMOS sensor and a new BIONZ processor that deliver “Extra High Sensitivity” technology for enhanced low-light shooting capabilities. Other new features include the Optical SteadyShot Active Mode, that provide better image stabilization and a super fast auto focus with a speed of approximately 0.13 seconds in daytime and 0.25 seconds in low-light situations (speed vary based on shooting conditions), according to Sony.
Despite its elegant appearance, the Cyber-shot DSC-TX200V is also a tough cookie, and “reinforced glass design” means the camera is waterproof (up to 5m,16 feet), dustproof and freeze-proof (up to 14oF).
The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX200V will be available in March in silver, red and violet for about $500. Check the features list in the complete article.
- 18.2 MP Exmor R CMOS sensor
- 26mm equivalent lens with 5x optical zoom, 10x virtual zoom via “Clear Image Zoom” technology
- “Extra High Sensitivity” technology enhances low-light shooting capabilities
- Fast AF speed of approximately 0.13 second in daylight, 0.25 seconds in low-light (speeds may vary based on shooting conditions)
- Reinforced glass design with
3.3-inch (8.3cm) Xtra Fine™ Tru-Black OLED wide touch-screen
- Waterproof (up to 5m,16 feet), dustproof and freeze-proof (up to 14oF)
- Captures 13 MP equivalent still images while shooting video via “Dual-Record”
- 3D shooting modes (3D Still Image, 3D Sweep Panorama and Sweep Multi Angle),
fast shooting speeds (10 fps burst mode)
- Full HD Movie Shooting capability (1920×1080/60p) and
Optical SteadyShot Active Mode
- Photo Creativity interface and 9 “Picture Effect” options for creating photos and video with artistic effects
Next Story: Thailand embraces Twitter’s censorship move
- 2014-04-21: Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21: Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20: Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20: Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2013-08-26: Sony NEX-5T with WiFi, NFC and Fast Hybrid AF
- 2012-05-07: Olympus Tough TG-1 iHS
- 2012-02-27: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX20 Rugged Compact Camera
- 2012-02-27: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX66 Ultra-slim Camera
- 2012-01-09: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W620 and DSC-W610