Sony continues to push the momentum of 4K technology with their latest digital motion picture camera known as the Sony F65 CineAlta. This particular model was announced at an exclusive ceremony that was held during the Sony Open golf tournament, where Sony senior executives, including Sir Howard Stringer, Chairman, CEO and President of Sony Corporation, did present the first official production unit. Needless to say, this “historic” moment saw the unit with serial number 10001, being presented to Otto Nemenz, president of Hollywood-based motion picture rental company Otto Nemenz International.
According to Mr. Stringer, “The delivery of this first F65 represents a significant technological advancement for content creators and we are excited to see what filmmakers will create with this new tool.” The F65 has been in high demand since it was announced a few months back, where pre-orders hit 400 units thereabouts worldwide. You know something, Hollywood filmmakers? Great hardware is nothing without a solid story – just like how all the best hardware in the world can still cause a device to go bust simply because it lacks a “killer app.” Image courtesy of Aspect Ratio. [Press Release]
Next Story: BlackBerry gets Game Boy skin
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6