In addition to the new phones announced at CES 2012 this week, Sony has announced two new devices for the Japanese market as well. Called the Xperia arco HD, it will be the follow up to the original Xperia arco (Xperia arc with additional features for Japan like the Mobile Wallet and Mobile TV); and the Xperia NX – the Japanese version of the Xperia S which was unveiled this week.
The Xperia arco HD and Xperia NX will run on Qualcomm Snapdragon S3 MSM8260 1.5GHz dual-core processors, 1GB of RAM, and Android 2.3 Gingerbread. The Xperia arco HD will feature a 4.3″ 1280 x 720 display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine, a 12-megapixel camera with Exmor R, Mobile TV, Mobile Wallet via Felica, IP57 waterproof and dustproof, microSD card slot, infrared port data exchange and water resistance.
The Xperia NX will also feature a 4.3″ screen with Mobile BRAVIA Engine, a 12-megapixel with Exmor R camera, and water resistance. Both phones will be available in Japan this spring.
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2014-04-01 Sony Xperia SP WIll Not Get Official Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2013-05-20 Sony Xperia UL Announced In Japan With 5-Inch 1080p Display
- 2012-02-03 Sony Ericsson Xperia NX up for pre-order next week
- 2011-10-13 Sony to release 3G Tablet S, Tablet P in Japan 28th October
- 2011-09-13 Sony Android Walkman Z Series will be launched in Japan