Products announced at events like CES usually don’t hit the streets until much later in the year, but it looks like that’s not the case for the Sony Xperia S. One of the first Xperia phones without the Sony Ericsson badge might be arriving sooner than we thought according to online retailers in the UK, Clove and Phones4U. On Clove’s blog, they announced that the Sony Xperia S will be retailing for £468 ($716) unlocked and off-contract; and will be arriving on the week of March 5th.
Now that may seem pricey – but it usually always does after currency conversion. Plus when it reaches the US it will probably be sold on contract with a subsidized price (though there’s no official word of when that will happen yet). However if you’re in the UK and you’d like to pre-order the phone, you can head over to Clove’s website where you can pick up the phone along with its compatible accessories. Be sure to check out our CES 2012 coverage of the Sony Xperia S.
Next Story: HTC Ville arriving on T-Mobile?
- 2014-04-15: Mysterious Sony D6603 Spotted In Screenshot
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2013-05-24: Sony Xperia S Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update Rolling Out Now
- 2012-07-09: Sony Mobile introduces Xperia S Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich open source code
- 2012-06-27: Sony Mobile says Xperia S Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich update has issues
- 2012-05-27: Sony Xperia S with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich spotted in a leaked video
- 2012-01-23: Sony Xperia S shipping this month in the UK?