It looks like the US Special operation troops will have some new toys to play with in the future. It has been reported that the soldiers will be given a new weapon that’s been named the “KIBOSH”. Designed for non-lethal purposes, the KIBOSH is a sticky bomb that doesn’t explode on impact, instead – it stays stuck on its target and releases a liquid or gas. The KIBOSH can be fired from a 40mm low velocity grenade launcher from over a distance of 150 feet, and carries the payload of a 12g Crossman CO2 cartridge.
Different sort of payloads will be used for different situations, and the KIBOSH can also be used to deploy a flash bang type material, antenna release/deployment for payloads with transmitters/receivers, trackers, or even provide visual confirmation of where the bomb hit. No word on what KIBOSH stands for, but it does sound like a suitable name for a gas-releasing bomb that doesn’t explode.
- 2012-06-28 The Power of Zeus, In The Hands Of The U.S Military
- 2011-04-11 US Navy fires laser gun from ship for the first time
- 2011-03-29 Machete slingshot is terrifying
- 2011-03-08 DIY Pulse Laser Gun is scary
- 2010-12-30 Zap Cane protects you from attackers