Yahoo! might seem to be a giant that is on the decline, but that does not mean it is now a small fry – far from it. Still, we have received word that they will be shutting down up to 10 mobile apps which will comprise the Yahoo! Meme (iPad and iPhone), Yahoo! Mim (iPad), Yahoo! Answers (Android), Yahoo! AppSpot (Android and iPhone), Yahoo! Deals (iPhone), Yahoo! Finance (BlackBerry), Yahoo! Movies (Android), Yahoo! News (Android), Yahoo! Shopping (iPhone), and Yahoo! Sketch-a-Search (iPad and iPhone).
According to Yahoo!, they are ‘moving forward with a “mobile first” mindset’ – “mobile first”, eh? I am rather puzzled by what they mean by that, but we can expect to welcome more new Yahoo! mobile products this year. Hopefully the Year of the Dragon will bode better for the Internet search giant, as they concentrate on their bread-and-butter apps such as Mail and Messenger, while ensuring newer apps like their TV companion IntoNow and iPad mag, Livestand, will receive and grow a new following.
- 2014-04-16: Apple's App Store Revenue In China Grew By 70%
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-11: Mathematicians Develop App That Will Supposedly Eliminate Jetlag
- 2014-04-11: Hitman GO Arriving On iOS 17th April
- 2014-04-10: Amazon Announces Acquisition Of ComiXology
- 2014-02-06: No New Flickr App For Windows Phone Anytime Soon
- 2013-12-18: Leaked Video Shows Yahoo's Plans For Voice-Controlled Personal Assistant [Updated]
- 2013-04-18: Yahoo Mail, Weather Apps Released For iPad
- 2012-03-09: Yahoo! Messenger app for Android updated
- 2011-12-02: Yahoo! introduces Hub