Barnes and Noble’s Nook Tablet is better than Amazon’s Kindle Fire, at least on paper. However with it being priced at $50 more than the Kindle Fire, those with tighter purse strings or those who aren’t too fussed about specs will probably see the Kindle Fire as better value for money. However it looks like Barnes and Noble isn’t too pleased about being shown up by their rival and will be launching a cheaper 8GB model this coming Wednesday, the 22nd of February.
This information is thanks to The Verge who have managed to get their hands on what appears to be an internal document that outs the 8GB Nook Tablet. While the price of the upcoming 8GB model has yet to be revealed, it seems likely that this 8GB model will be set to compete against Amazon’s Kindle Fire with a competitive price of its own.
For those who forgot, the Nook Tablet features a 7” VividView IPS LCD display along with a TI OMAP4 dual-core processor clocked at 1GHz, 1GB of RAM and a microSD card slot for memory expansion of up to an additional 32GB. We’ll be keeping an eye out for this, so check back with us again on Wednesday for confirmation!RELATED
- Apple iPad Mini 3 Prototype With Touch ID Spotted [Rumor]
- 8-Inch Nokia Lumia 2020 Launching In Early 2014 [Rumor]
- Nintendo Rumored To Develop Educational Android Tablet
- 12.9-Inch iPad To Arrive Early Next Year, Says First Tier Display Supplier
- Apple Reportedly Buys Kinect-Tech Creator PrimeSense For $345 Million
- Follow: barnes and noble, nook tablet,
- Seen at: androidandme