Barnes and Noble’s Nook Tablet is better than Amazon’s Kindle Fire, at least on paper. However with it being priced at $50 more than the Kindle Fire, those with tighter purse strings or those who aren’t too fussed about specs will probably see the Kindle Fire as better value for money. However it looks like Barnes and Noble isn’t too pleased about being shown up by their rival and will be launching a cheaper 8GB model this coming Wednesday, the 22nd of February.
This information is thanks to The Verge who have managed to get their hands on what appears to be an internal document that outs the 8GB Nook Tablet. While the price of the upcoming 8GB model has yet to be revealed, it seems likely that this 8GB model will be set to compete against Amazon’s Kindle Fire with a competitive price of its own.
For those who forgot, the Nook Tablet features a 7” VividView IPS LCD display along with a TI OMAP4 dual-core processor clocked at 1GHz, 1GB of RAM and a microSD card slot for memory expansion of up to an additional 32GB. We’ll be keeping an eye out for this, so check back with us again on Wednesday for confirmation!
- Microsoft Rumored To Be Launching Low-Cost Windows Tablets In India
- Galaxy NotePro 12.2 & G Pad 8.3 Pegged For 6th March Launch On Verizon [Rumor]
- Microsoft Surface Mini Rumored For June Announcement
- Alleged Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Specs Leaked
- iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued