If you were to shop for a tablet in China, there is a good chance that you might come across a tablet looking like the one above. That reference design is courtesy of Creative who debuted their HanZpad platform which is based on ZiiLABS’ 100-core ZMS-40 SoC along with a operating system of its own, also developed by ZiiLABS.
The HanZpad will feature ZiiLABS’ flagship ZMS-40 SoC, and will sport a 4-core ARM CPU that has been clocked at 1.5GHz, along with an additional 96-cores of separate StemCell media-processing array. According to Creative, the ZMS-40 SoC will be able to support ultra high-resolution display and will be able to playback 3D content in Full HD, all the while utilizing 50% less power. The company has also designed customized applications and content aimed at Chinese users.
Utilizing the processor will be the HanZpad GS tablet, a “premium” tablet with a thickness of 7.95mm, a 10” IPS display with a resolution of 1280×800, with 1GB of RAM under its hood and will feature a microSD card slot that allows for memory expansion of up to 64GB. It will also run on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
No word on when Creative plans to launch the HanZpad GS tablet, or how much it will cost, but Creative has stated that they will be making these tablets available through OEMs.
Next Story: HTC Ville to be called HTC One S?
- 2014-04-23 OnePlus' Marketing Stunt Asks The Public To Smash The Past
- 2014-04-21 Leaked Android Dialer App Screenshot Shows Slight Makeover
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20 Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Makes Its Way Onto Android
- 2014-04-18 Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2011-09-15 ZiiLabs unveils Jaguar3 reference design tablet
- 2010-11-02 Creative Launches Zen Touch 2 PMP with GPS
- 2010-12-17 Creative ZiiO 7-inch Android Tablet Now Available In The US