HTC EVO 3D owners, if you’re wondering what Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich will look like in glasses-free 3D, you’re in luck as an early alpha build of CyanogenMod 9 is available for download. It should be noted that this build is not an official CyanogenMod 9 build and it has its fair share of bugs and what not, but if you’re curious as to what Android 4.0 could look like on your phone, then maybe you could give it a spin.
At the moment, its developer has listed several bugs that come with the ROM. This includes issues with the camera in video mode, 3D, etc, 4G WiMax connectivity, SDCard mount to PC and In Call mute. We’re sure that there might be more bugs than this but this is what he has discovered so far. Given its early alpha stage, you will probably not want to use this build as your daily driver, but if curiosity is getting the better of you, or if you feel that you’d like to give the developer some feedback, head on over to the XDA forums for the download and instructions.
Once again, please do a bit of your homework before proceeding, especially if you’re new to this as we cannot be held liable for any bricked devices!
- 2014-04-18: HTC: Optical Zoom On Phone Cameras 18 Months Away
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2011-09-12: Cyanogenmod 7 Alpha build hits the HTC EVO 3D
- 2011-07-01: HTC EVO 3D torn apart on video
- 2011-06-06: HTC EVO 3D and HTC EVO View 4G release dates confirmed
- 2011-06-03: HTC EVO 3D spotted at the FCC
- 2011-06-02: HTC EVO 3D available June 24 at RadioShack