If you want Android Ice Cream Sandwich on your 2011 Xperia smartphone rightaway and you don’t want to wait for the final version to drop, you’re in luck. Sony has decided to release the beta version of the Ice Cream Sandwich ROM for its 2011 Xperia smartphones today. But because it is an early version of upcoming update – you can expect certain features to be broken or missing at this stage. While features such as call radios and the FM radio are available, WiFi and Bluetooth aren’t and Google apps such as Gmail and Maps aren’t available with this release.
The Ice Cream Sandwich beta ROM is recommended for advanced developers to install due to the complexity required to do so, and the instability of the software. So those of you who can deal with the shortcomings of a beta ROM and want to go through the hassle of the manual installation, hit the source link below for the files and instructions on how to do so. Let us know how it goes!
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2012-08-21: Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich for 2011 Xperia range
- 2012-07-02: NTT DoCoMo stops Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update for quartet of Xperia smartphones
- 2012-06-11: Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update on 2011 Sony Experia handsets is not all that smooth
- 2012-06-07: Sony Xperia Mini Pro receives Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update
- 2012-06-01: Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro gets Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich update