If you enjoyed LG’s new L-series of Android handsets and you were worried that the LG Optimus L7 might be out of your reach in terms of price, perhaps you might be interested in settling for its slightly more affordable sibling, the LG Optimus L5 whose slightly lower-end and less powerful specs might make it a more wallet-friendly purchase.
Instead of a 4.3” display, the LG Optimus L5 will sport a smaller display measuring at 4”, but it too will feature LG’s “floating mass display”, which is apparently a display that has been brought closer to the screen’s surface, giving the viewer the illusion that the display is indeed “floating”. An interesting concept, perhaps rather novel, but we guess we will see how it holds up compared to more convention displays in the long run.
Under the hood, the LG Optimus L5 will be powered by an 800MHz processor and will come with a 5MP rear-facing camera with LED flash. It will be preinstalled with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, and will come with support for NFC and HDRI, although its NFC capabilities may be omitted depending in which country the LG Optimus L5 is launched.
Like its siblings, the L3 and L7, the LG Optimus L5 will be seeing a launch in Europe in the first half of 2012, and once again pricing remains unknown for now, nor when it will be seeing a launch stateside, but check back with us as we will be keeping you updated!
Next Story: LG Optimus L7 announced
- 2014-04-17: LG G3 Design Rumored To Be Pretty Similar To LG G2
- 2014-04-16: AT&T’s LG G Flex Tipped For Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Tomorrow
- 2014-04-16: LG L65 Press Rendering And Specs Leaked
- 2014-04-16: LG Confirms First Mobile Processor Enters Production In The Near Future
- 2014-04-16: Gold LG G3 Reportedly Coming This Summer
- 2013-02-20: LG Optimus F7, Optimus F5 Leaks Before MWC Announcement
- 2012-02-28: LG Optimus Vu First Impressions
- 2012-02-26: LG Optimus Vu preview
- 2012-02-26: LG Optimus 4X Preview (updated with video)
- 2012-02-26: LG Optimus L7 announced