Slightly more than week ago, we brought you word that Sprint is preparing a tablet for the budget conscious, calling it the ZTE Optik. Well, the ZTE Optik is now available and in the flesh, where it will cost no more than a Benjamin, while being fully capable of riding on Sprint’s 3G spectrum. The ZTE Optik is equipped with a 7″ touchscreen display at WXGA 1280 x 800 resolution, offering pinch-to-zoom functionality, dual cameras which we will look at later, and Android 3.2 Honeycomb as the operating system of choice. Well, at least it has the tablet-centric version of the Android operating system running right out of the box without having to worry about grasping your way around in Gingerbread.
A more specific hardware configuration list would see the 1.2GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor make the cut, alongside 1GB RAM, 16GB of internal memory, Adobe Flash support, a 5-megapixel camera at the back, a front-facing 2-megapixel shooter for video chats, Wi-Fi connectivity, Swype support, a 4,000mAh lithium ion battery, a microSD memory card slot, a headset jack and stereo speakers. It will be compatible with Google’s array of mobile services as well as Sprint Zone, Sprint TV, Sprint Music Plus, Sprint Navigation, Sprint Football Live and NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile.
You can pick up the ZTE Optik alongside one of Sprint’s Tablet Connection plans, where four choices are laid before you. 1GB, 3GB, 6GB and 12GB data plans will retail for $19.99, $34.99, $49.99 and $79.99, respectively. [Press Release]
Next Story: Steampunk guitars transcend time and space
- 2014-04-23 Sprint Galaxy S5 Software Update Released
- 2014-04-22 Sprint Working To Make Their Phones SIM Unlockable In 2015
- 2014-04-17 Sprint Removes Mention Of Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update For The Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14 Android 4.4.3 For Nexus 5 Release Expected Today
- 2014-04-13 Sprint And Spotify Reportedly Joining Forces
- 2014-01-27 ZTE Optik 2 Launches On Sprint For $29.99
- 2013-11-10 Mysterious ZTE Tablet For Sprint Spotted At The FCC
- 2013-06-10 Sprint HTC Tiara, ZTE Vital/Quantum Hits The FCC
- 2013-03-29 Sprint And Softbank Promise Not To Use Chinese Equipment, Will Replace Huawei Products In Clearwire's Portfolio
- 2013-03-20 ZTE Quantum For Sprint Leaked