Our watches have managed to evolve from being mere time pieces to being fashion statements. If sci-fi is your thing, or maybe you have a rave party you intend to attend, then the V-BL47 LED/LCD watch concept could be a watch you wish was actually real.
Designed as a collaborative effort between Heather Sable and Samuel Jerichow, the story behind this watch is a rather interesting one. Supposedly based on “Blutonian technology” from a Blutonian space ship that crashed landed on Earth back in 1947, this is pretty much where the V-BL47 watch got its inspiration from.
The watch will utilize a combination of LED and LCD, with the always-on LCD blocking out the areas of the display used to tell the time, while the LED would be used to illuminate those areas from behind, and at the same time will be used to provide the glowing strips of light around the watch.
The good news is that if you’d like to see this watch being made a reality, it’s currently up at Tokyo Flash’s website, so if you’d like to learn more about this “Blutonian technology” or vote to have this watch made, head on over to Tokyo Flash.
Next Story: Man digs up basement using RC scaled models
- 2013-03-25: Triggerfish Bronze A2 Watch Survives C-4 Blast
- 2013-03-12: This Apple iWatch Concept Is The Best Looking Yet
- 2013-02-12: Apple iWatch Concept Shows Us What It Could Look Like
- 2013-02-11: Apple Watch: Is It Really Coming?
- 2012-09-26: A Star Wars watch that you'll actually want to wear
- 2012-09-05: The X Con handcuff watch is very unusual looking
- 2012-08-30: Cassiopeia inspired concept watch looks pretty good
- 2012-08-15: This sci-fi inspired LED watch looks pretty good
- 2012-08-13: This Yin/Yang inspired timepiece looks pretty unique
- 2012-08-03: Smart Connection smartwatch concept looks pretty futuristic