Yes, we do know that Google has a tablet of their own in the pipeline, with some of the folks calling it a Google Nexus tablet, where it was reported to cost a mere $149 while packing in a 7″ display at 1,280 x 800 resolution prior to shipping this May, although whether the NVIDIA Tegra 3 chipset will see action inside or not is another question altogether. There is word from Digitimes that Google will be pricing their upcoming tablet at $199 in order to be on a level playing field with other tablets in the market, such as Amazon’s new Kindle Fire. Of course, sparking off a price war might end up being detrimental to the entire tablet industry in terms of the 7″ segment, where other manufacturers have no choice but to enter a price war. At this point in time, the 7″ tablets from Acer and Lenovo retail for a shade under $300, while so depending on how Google prices their upcoming tablet, the landscape might very well change for good. One thing is for sure though, you will not see Apple executives lose sleep over Google’s tablet plans at this moment in time.
Next Story: T-Haler is one smart inhaler
- 2014-04-17: Project Loon Tests LTE In Nevada (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Toshiba Shows How Project Ara's Modularity Can Be Applied To Wearables
- 2014-04-17: Home Try-On Program For Google Glass Launched
- 2014-04-16: Google Offering $100,000 For Best Project Ara Module
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2013-04-16: Google Play Tablet Optimized Screenshots Coming Your Way
- 2012-07-05: Android 4.1 Jelly Bean: New features and apps
- 2012-06-26: Google Nexus tablet cited at $199, to appear at Google I/O Conference?
- 2012-06-07: Google tablet spotted in the wild?
- 2012-03-30: Google tablet on sale via own online store