[CeBIT 2012] Gigabyte has announced that they have a couple more Ultrabooks in store for the masses – and the two closely related models would be the U2442N and U2442V Ultrabooks. These two Ultrabooks will carry a similar bold and striking design, where it merges both style and powerful features so that you are able to get much of your computing work done whenever you are away from home or out of the office without missing a beat. The Ultrabooks are rather slim at a mere 18.5mm to 20.5mm thick, and will weigh just 1.49gg at their lightest. Definitely the perfect tool for frequent travelers who hate lugging around extremely heavy desktop replacements with their shoulders. Enjoy the image gallery after the jump.
Never mind the fact that the Gigabyte U2442N and U2442V Ultrabooks are slim – they will not be found wanting if computing power is your main criteria before purchase. You will find the powerful 3rd generation Intel Core i5/i7 processor underneath the hood, while the NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M GPU coupled with 2GB VRAM will get its job done whenever you want to indulge in a little bit of gaming or multimedia entertainment. Storage-wise, you can opt for a speedy SSD, or a more cavernous 750GB hard drive. Connectivity options include USB 3.0, Bluetooth 4.0, Thunderbolt (optional), and 2T2R Double Antenna Wi-Fi. The display has a resolution of 1,600 x 900 pixels, where it ought to deliver bright, vivid images. No idea on pricing as at press time though.
Next Story: USB AK-47 Assault Rifle flash drive
- 2013-06-04: Sony Vaio Pro 11 Is Lightest Ultrabook Weighing 2.2 Pounds
- 2013-05-21: Lenovo ThinkPad S3, S5 Leaks Show Aluminum-Cased Ultrabooks
- 2013-05-10: Toshiba KIRAbook Review
- 2013-04-24: Touchscreen Ultrabooks Prices Slashed At Microsoft Store
- 2013-04-11: Lenovo ThinkPad Twist Review (S230U)
- 2012-03-07: Intel touch display Ultrabook reference design: hands-on
- 2012-03-07: Gigabyte P2542G hands-on
- 2012-03-07: Gigabyte U2442V and U2442N Ultrabooks - Hands-on
- 2012-03-07: Fujitsu Lifebook Premium Ultrabook - hands-on
- 2012-03-06: Acer Aspire Timeline Ultra M3 Ultrabook debuted at CeBIT