If you plan to pick up the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo DVD this week, don’t be surprised if it looks like a bootleg DVD. According to reports online, the DVD caused quite a stir among Redbox customers due to its design. Folks were so confused about getting what looked like a homemade copy of the movie that Redbox had to issue a notice about its design. As you can see in the picture above – yes, the DVD was designed to look like that.
In case you were wondering why the designers to package the film in such a manner, it is a reference to the story’s heroine who is a computer hacker. It’s definitely one of the more interesting DVD designs we’ve seen in awhile and it’s little surprises like these that keep users interested in physical copies of movies as opposed to downloaded digital versions.
- 2013-05-17: Domino's Customizes DVDs To Smell Like Pizza When Played
- 2012-09-25: The Avengers is biggest pre-ordered movie on Amazon ever
- 2012-05-18: DVD-encryption cracking to be allowed by the Feds?
- 2012-03-22: Girl With The Dragon Tattoo original DVD looks like a bootleg copy
- 2011-10-10: Netflix bids farewell to Qwikster
- 2011-09-02: Samsung SE-208BW Smart Media Hub unveiled