You know, it is rather sad that a dog can actually end up obese (a first world problem) simply because its owners do not want to give it the proper amount of care and exercise. As you know, every problem has its own solution, and with the case of obese dogs, insurance company More Th>n has come up with what they deem to be the world’s first dog stair lift. This insurance company figured out that based on current figures, 52% of dogs in the UK will be obese by the time 2022 rolls around, hence they decided to prototype a lift for dogs known as “Stair of the Dog 2022.” Basically, this is a dog elevator, carrying said dog up and down the stairs using a paw-activated button. Depending on the breed as well as training technique, it is going to take some time before your pooch gets the idea, although we do think that exercising your furkid until he/she is trim would be a better idea, hence doing away with the need for such a lift (pun intended). If you do not mind spending $8,000 on this though, then be my guest.
- 2013-07-04: Will.i.am Thinks Of SmartDog Sales This Christmas
- 2013-04-09: DirecTV Making Dog-Specific Channel Available For $5.99/mo In Q3
- 2012-12-05: Dogs As Chauffeurs, Really?
- 2012-03-29: Obese dogs get a lift now
- 2011-11-21: NSK Robotic Guide Dog Demonstrated
- 2011-05-04: Puppy Robotic concept cleaning dog squad is adorably cute