The Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update for the HTC Sensation 4G on T-Mobile was supposed to be rolling out today, but it appears to have been delayed. According to T-Mobile, it seems that while the update has made its way from HTC to T-Mobile, it did not pass T-Mobile’s quality checks and was thus sent back to HTC to fix it up according to T-Mobile’s standards. When that’s done, T-Mobile will most likely go through the update again for another round of quality testing before pushing it out to its users (assuming it passes the test). According to a T-Mobile rep:
“HTC has delivered a ROM to us however it is still having issues the reason that other sensation types have the update without issue and ours did not come out that way is because every ROM must be adapted to the hardware of the device because we use a different radio than other providers and also have applications such as wifi calling it also has to be compatible with those. What the HTC rep told you is most likely correct because once a ROM is delivered we have 2 weeks to test it and then approve it or send it back they then have 4 weeks to fix the bugs and return it back to us, where we are exactly in that process I do not know but that is how a ROM is delivered to the customer.
The original ROM was not delivered to us in November, we started testing it just recently but I think it has been longer than 2 weeks so at this point HTC most likely has the ball.
You bought a phone and it has been announced that you are getting ICS you have every right to know what’s going on with it and when you can see these awesome features. I did go into a lot of detail about how a ROM gets to the end user (you guys) but that wasn’t to point fingers only so you would have a better understanding of why you don’t have it yet, the bottom line is the Sensation has T-Mobile’s and HTC’s name all over it and both companies want to make you proud to be a Sensation owner so we are working as fast as we can to deliver it but also want to make sure that it stands up to your expectations.”
In any case it looks like HTC Sensation 4G users will not be receiving the update just yet, but we guess a delayed update is better than an update that has been plagued by bugs, right?
- 2014-04-18: Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Madison For Android Declares War On In-App Advertisements
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2012-05-22: Android 4.0 update for HTC Amaze 4G now available
- 2012-05-16: T-Mobile Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update for HTC Sensation 4G arrives
- 2012-05-02: T-Mobile: HTC Sensation 4G Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update coming soon
- 2011-06-20: HTC Sensation Review
- 2011-06-01: HTC Sensation 4G arriving on T-Mobile this month