Believe it or not, Twitter, the popular micro-blogging website turns six today. From being a mere sketch on a notebook to an online service with over 140 million active users, it’s amazing how far Twitter has come. According to the latest stats from Twitter, there are about 340 million Tweets a day – that’s one billion every 3 days. Regardless of how much trivial and useless information gets shared on the service, there’s no denying that Twitter has played a huge role as an alternative source for getting the news out to the world.
While the announcement didn’t mention what Twitter’s plans for the future are, we can be pretty sure that there’s going to be tons of changes and new features in the future, including the occasional layout revamps. How many of you use Twitter and contribute to the daily 340 million Tweet count? Be sure to follow @ubergizmo as well for all the latest news and updates from our blog.
Next Story: Huawei Ascend D Quad only arriving in July?
- 2014-04-23 Twitter Experiences Tsunami Of Malicious Messages
- 2014-04-22 NYPD Twitter Effort Ends Up As A Disaster
- 2014-04-22 ‘Speed’ Movie Recreated On Twitter
- 2014-04-22 Twitter Could Help Predict Crime
- 2014-04-18 Twitter Parody Account Results In Police Raid At Home