A new update is arriving for the BlackBerry-ish Motorola DROID Pro from Verizon, and it’s not Ice Cream Sandwich. However it is a software update that fixes some problems that have been plaguing the phone and includes some upgrade to its apps. The update brings the phone up to version 4.7.3.XT610.Verizon.en.US and includes features such as: improved security with DigiNotar security patch, Wireless Alerting System enabled, the phone no longer freezing after an OTA update, no automatic turning on, no more locking up by pressing the keyboard and improvements to the keyboard backlighting.
Smart Forwarding will no longer cause forwarded messages to remain in the Outbox, and V CAST Apps and VZ Navigator have been upgraded as well. The update should start rolling out within a week and will be 19.9MB in size. As usual, remember to backup your device before attempting an update. You never know what could go wrong. Let us know if you receive the update.
Next Story: Google Nexus tablet could cost $149?
- 2014-04-18: Verizon HTC One M8 Software Update Arriving Soon
- 2014-04-17: LG Lucid 3 From Verizon Announced
- 2014-04-16: Activate Download Booster In Verizon And AT&T Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-14: Verizon More Everything Plan Now Offer Greater Savings
- 2012-09-14: Motorola Droid RAZR M Review
- 2012-06-04: Verizon's Motorola Xoom gets Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update
- 2012-05-31: Verizon's Motorola Xoom to undergo soak test soon, Android 4.0 update imminent?
- 2012-03-28: Verizon DROID RAZR gets a DIY RAZR MAXX conversion kit
- 2011-10-25: Motorola DROID Pro and DROID 2 Global receives Gingerbread