Good news for those of you planning to turn your new iPad into a portable mobile hotspot. If you pick it up from Verizon, you’ll be able to use the feature from the get-go. According to reports online, Verizon has confirmed that it will be including the hotspot feature for no additional charge with each data plan. However, folks who are planning to buy it from AT&T will have no such luck – at least at launch. It has been reported that AT&T will be enabling it in the future though it wasn’t mentioned if it was going to be free or not.
Sounds like consumers now have an additional reason to pick Verizon over AT&T – provided the iPad’s hotspot capabilities are important to them. How important is the hotspot feature to you? Will it be a deciding feature in whether you choose the new iPad on Verizon over AT&T?
Next Story: Starhawk Beta Update 1.3 launched
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2014-04-08: Office For iPad Team Confirms Print Feature Is Coming "In Due Course"
- 2012-03-06: AT&T and Verizon teases something “Exciting” On website
- 2011-03-07: Verizon's Apple iPad 2 offers best bang for buck if you're a data hog
- 2010-12-20: Best Buy offering free Verizon, AT&T or Sprint MiFis on contract
- 2010-10-14: iPad Arrives At Verizon And AT&T Stores On Oct 28
- 2010-11-19: Speculated CDMA-GSM World iPad to Bring Apple Closer to Verizon