Microsoft is really doing well with sales of its Xbox 360 console. The company announced today that it continues to hold the number one spot in the US, selling more units than any other console for 14 consecutive months. The Xbox 360 reportedly holds 42% of current-generation console sales, and managed to sell 426,000 units in February. For a console that’s already six years old – it’s a pretty respectable figure.
And judging by the report posted by Microsoft – we’re definitely not going to see a new Xbox this year. The company also mentioned that there will be a lot more content arriving on its top-selling console – new Halo and Fable games, more Xbox LIVE titles, as well as “entirely new groundbreaking experiences like Kinect Sesame Street TV and Nat Geo TV.” It all sounds very interesting, and we can’t wait to see how Microsoft keeps the Xbox 360 going. Do you think it’s going to remain on top of the charts for the rest of the year?
Next Story: Google Play Store app updated
- 2014-04-14: Titanfall Sales In The UK Up By 220% After Xbox 360 Version
- 2014-04-11: Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Not Be Coming To Games On Demand
- 2014-04-07: GoPro Channel Xbox 360 App Release Tomorrow
- 2014-04-06: Xbox 360 Emulation On Xbox One Mulled
- 2014-04-06: Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Be A "True Experience"
- 2013-12-16: Shoot Many Robots Free On Xbox 360 Through Games With Gold
- 2012-02-09: Xbox 360 is still the best selling console in the US
- 2011-10-14: Xbox 360 still selling well
- 2011-03-10: Kinect is the fastest selling consumer electronics device of all time
- 2010-09-10: Xbox 360 sits pretty at the top in US for August