Many believe that the Samsung GT-I9300 refers to the Samsung Galaxy S3 based on the naming pattern in the past. However contradicting reports have revealed that the I9300 could instead be a mid-ranged Galaxy M. In any case, the folks over at Vietnamese website Tinhte have apparently managed to get their hands on the device. For those wondering why that name is familiar, it’s because they are the folks who managed to their hands on the new iPad a day ahead of everyone else and created an unboxing video for it, so we guess it’s really not a surprise that they managed to get their hands on the I9300 before anyone else has.
According to the alleged specs of the device, the I9300 will feature a 4.6” 720×1184 display, a quad-core 1.4GHz processor, 1GB of RAM, an 8MP rear-facing camera, 16GB of internal storage expandable by microSD, a 2,050mAh battery with NFC capabilities and will run on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. We’re getting a lot of conflicting reports here, so until Samsung reveals the device officially (hopefully on the 3rd of May), we will maintain an appropriate level of apprehension for now. In the mean time you can watch the video above (might want to brush up on your Vietnamese first) and come to a conclusion of your own. So, what do you guys think?
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy K Camera Sample Spotted (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2012-09-06: Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OTA update leaked for T-Mobile's Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-T999
- 2012-05-03: 4.6" Samsung Galaxy S3 with 8MP camera suggested in retailer's newsletter
- 2012-05-02: Alleged Samsung Galaxy S3 screen protector "confirms" larger display size and shape
- 2012-04-26: Alleged Samsung GT-I9300 (Galaxy S3?) service manual leaked
- 2012-04-04: Samsung Galaxy S3 pictured in leaked press invite, could this be it?