A few benchmark numbers were discovered by the Blog of Mobile (via Engadget) which shows that Motorola might be looking to step away from Texas Instrument chipsets that have been used in the past to possible Qualcomm chips. According to the details which were seen (as posted above) along with the benchmark results, the device in question which is running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich has a 1.5GHz MSM8960 chip. That is a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4. Another intriguing twist to this story is the rumors that have been floating about the internet regarding a possible Motorola RAZR HD or Atrix 3.
But the ‘Qinara’ that you see a few times in the results above could be pointing to other things one of which is the ‘Dinara’ which was the name for Motorola’s XT928 for China Telecom’s version of the Motorola RAZR. There could be a minute possibility that the ‘Q’ stands for Qualcomm but that is just speculation on our part. If the leak proves to be accurate, the device is said to use a 720p display along with a dual-core processor. This would put it up against the likes of the HTC One X which has already made many a tech aficionado very excited. While we give Motorola some time to announce what these numbers actually mean, please take this bit of leaked information with a pinch of salt as always. What do you think of the benchmark numbers shown above? Let us know with a comment below.
- 2014-04-18: Motorola To Introduce XT1021, XT1022 And XT1025 In May (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Motorola Moto G For $149 Unlocked Via Republic Wireless
- 2014-04-14: 2012 Droid Family To Get Android 4.4 KitKat In The Near Future
- 2014-04-08: First Working Project Ara Prototype To Be Ready This Month
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2010-01-25: Motorola MOTOSPLIT Leaked?
- 2010-06-10: 2GHz Motorola Android Phone In 2010?