A few benchmark numbers were discovered by the Blog of Mobile (via Engadget) which shows that Motorola might be looking to step away from Texas Instrument chipsets that have been used in the past to possible Qualcomm chips. According to the details which were seen (as posted above) along with the benchmark results, the device in question which is running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich has a 1.5GHz MSM8960 chip. That is a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4. Another intriguing twist to this story is the rumors that have been floating about the internet regarding a possible Motorola RAZR HD or Atrix 3.
But the ‘Qinara’ that you see a few times in the results above could be pointing to other things one of which is the ‘Dinara’ which was the name for Motorola’s XT928 for China Telecom’s version of the Motorola RAZR. There could be a minute possibility that the ‘Q’ stands for Qualcomm but that is just speculation on our part. If the leak proves to be accurate, the device is said to use a 720p display along with a dual-core processor. This would put it up against the likes of the HTC One X which has already made many a tech aficionado very excited. While we give Motorola some time to announce what these numbers actually mean, please take this bit of leaked information with a pinch of salt as always. What do you think of the benchmark numbers shown above? Let us know with a comment below.
- Huawei Glory 4 Or Honor 4 Could Be Introduced Next Week
- Free, Ad-Supported Spotify For Mobile Rumored To Launch Next Week
- Samsung Could Be Looking To Bring Android 4.4 KitKat To Older Devices
- Oppo Find 7 Could Feature 5.7" 2K Display With Snapdragon 805 Chipset [Rumor]
- Some Galaxy S5 Models Rumored To Come With LDS Antenna Technology
- Follow: Motorola, snapdragon,
- Seen at: engadget