Good news Samsung Galaxy W owners, while your device may not be the top of the line with its 3.7” display and 512MB of RAM, you guys are in for a treat – an icy cold treat that is. Developer arco68 at the XDA forums has managed to cook up an alpha CyanogenMod 9 ROM for the Galaxy W, which he claims took “3 months, 2 hard bricks, a few soft bricks and a lot of coffee”, but we’re sure the end result will be appreciated by Galaxy W owners out there.
So far based on the description, the major functions such as WiFi, GPS, phone, audio, etc are working. Other features like its camera, USB tethering, FM radio, Bluetooth, etc are still in the works. For those who just want the core functions of the phone, it looks like this CM9 ROM ought to do the trick, but for those who want the extras, you might want to hold off on the update until a later build has been made available. For the download and for the instructions, head on down to the XDA forums. Once again, proceed at your own risk and always remember to back up your devices!
- New Oppo Find 7 Camera Photos "Confirms" 50MP Camera
- Galaxy S5 Production Will Not Be Hugely Affected By Recent Factory Fire
- All New HTC One Leaked Photos Leave Nothing To The Imagination
- Sony Xperia Z2's Stereo Speakers Compared Against The Xperia Z1
- John Chen's Focus Will Be On BlackBerry's Customer Base