According to a report by Digitimes, it has been suggested that both HTC and Facebook will be teaming up once more for yet another Facebook smartphone. For those who might not remember, it was only last year that HTC launched a Facebook smartphone dubbed the HTC Salsa and the HTC ChaCha. While we’re sure that the Taiwanese manufacturer and the social networking giant had good intentions and grand plans for the phone, safe to say it did not really take off. Given its “success”, this particular rumor has us scratching our heads and wondering why they both companies think its warranted to go at it again.
Reportedly this latest collaboration will feature a customized smartphone and “will have a platform exclusive to Facebook to enable and integrate all functions available on the social networking site.” We’re not sure what exactly that will entail, but given Digitimes’ track record of more misses than hits lately, we suggest you take this with a grain of salt for now. Hypothetically speaking though, just how many of you guys are interested in another Facebook phone anyway?
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2013-05-08: HTC First 'Facebook Phone' Now Just $0.99 On Contract
- 2013-04-12: HTC First Launches Facebook Home Today On AT&T For $99
- 2013-04-04: HTC First Running Facebook Home Demo [HD video]
- 2013-04-04: HTC First Officially Announced
- 2013-04-02: HTC First, Alleged Facebook Phone Image Leaked