T-Mobile is looking to refresh it’s myTouch series of Android handsets and it has been long rumored that Huawei could be the manufacturer behind the carrier’s next myTouch handsets. The good news for myTouch fans is that a Huawei handset has been spotted at the FCC but unfortunately Huawei has requested for a 180 day embargo on the release of the info regarding the handsets, so we could be in for quite a wait before details of the device have been revealed. While the details remain scarce thanks to the embargo in place, the FCC filing has revealed that the handset is featuring T-Mobile’s myTouch branding.
Like we said, details of the device are unknown which only gives us rumors and speculation to work with. The rumored specs of the device include a 1.4GHz Qualcomm processor with 1GB of RAM, a 4” display, 4GB of internal storage and is expected to ship with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich preinstalled. The current myTouch phones are made by LG and were released last Fall, so we guess the 180 day embargo would make sense as it would be lifted around the same time the phones are due for a refresh.
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile Abolishes Consumer Overages
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-10: T-Mobile Announces Operation Tablet Freedom
- 2012-07-10: T-Mobile and Huawei announces myTouch and the myTouch Q
- 2012-03-28: T-Mobile MyTouch (Huawei Ascend G312 QWERTY) caught on video
- 2012-03-20: T-Mobile's Huawei myTouch spotted in the wild
- 2012-03-05: T-Mobile's next myTouch devices reportedly coming from Huawei
- 2009-08-19: Huawei U8220 also known as T-Mobile Pulse